Most Musical 6NS7 tube for a Preamp?

A request for recommendations by those with experience with different 6SN7 tubes.

My system so far is a Pass Labs XA25 SS Amp, and a circa 1988 Tannoy FSMs.
The speakers operate at 4 ohms with a 94 sensitivity.

The room size is medium. Acoustically well treated.

I listen at lower volumes 60-75db. Vocals mostly.

I am looking for the most musical preamp, with a remote.

Budget is $3k. Used preferred. Better value.

Not considering anything from Schiit Audio.

Considering- Supratek Chardonnay.

Any other suggestions?

Tube Ideas?

Thank you!
chorus

@aldnorab Don Sachs D2 linestage takes 4 6SN7s that might be a little expensive to run if you want the best tubes. I have tried Ken-Rad VT231, they are well, not the smoothest in the HF but good tubes none of the less.

@jtgofish If you are looking for dynamic and vibrant in 6SN7 tubes you should look elsewhere, use 6CG7 with adapters in place of 6SN7s

The best 6SN7s I have heard were the Tung Sol round plates. These were used as drivers in a slightly brighter sounding power amplifier. Perhaps one of the best buys are the Hitachi made, often rebranded, 6SN7GTB tubes. 

@ptrck887

The Shuguang Dawning Series WE6SN7 PLUS. Bought a pair on line from a Hong Kong dealer.

Can you share this dealer's link, contact information? Thanks

Hi tyray,

I bought them at China Hifi audio, but since then there has been a big shake up at Shuguang.....some sort of family split?  Not sure.  They no longer offer the Dawning Series WE6SN7 PLUS.  I have since moved to a Don Sachs II pre and although Don liked the Plus series in his pre, I did not.  They were ok but not great.  I have been back to running NOS.  Sylvania Bad Boys in the output stage and Marconi's in the buffer.  Don supplied Pasvane Globes and they are quite good.  

Have fun!

Wow! Thank you for your quick response! I almost pulled the trigger on the 'non  Dawning' Series WE6SN7 PLUS tubes on Amazon.