Most annoying song, period.

Sorry if I'm replicating a thread.    I've been wanting to say this for years:  Rick Astley - Never gonna give you up.  What's yours?
shtinkydog
almarg: "I always thought of "Surfin’ Bird" as a satire, and found it to be kind of funny in a likable sort of way. Although I don’t know how serious or satirical it was intended to be."

Hello Al,

I’ve always thought the same about "Surfin’ Bird" by the Trashmen being a satire.  I love that song but always thought the words were "Bird, bird, bird, bird is a whale" until I discovered he was actually singing "Bird, bird, bird, bird is the word".
     It’s a fairly common sight when surfing with whales around. From a distance when paddling out, a seagull standing on a surfaced whale looks like the bird’s standing on the water. I like my version of the lyrics better, which are almost as cool as this old classic video of the Trashmen performing the song live:

ps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Gc4QTqslN4

Speaking of cool, here’s another newer video classic of Christopher Walken dancing cool to Fat Boy Slim’s "Weapon of Choice":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCDIYvFmgW8

Tim
Ignoring obvious earworms like Disney's "It's a Small World" that need a good week to get out of your head, lots of truly annoying songs are relics of the best-forgotten Disco era. Others should appear on a "never-play-any-of-these-songs-ever-again" list signed under penalty of death by every DJ hired for a wedding or other function. (And of course, some of the very worst fit into both categories!)

For example, here are a few songs I'd be happy to never hear again:
  • 'Celebration' - Kool & the Gang
  • 'We Are Family' - Sister Sledge
  • 'Love Shack' - B52's
  • 'YMCA' - Village People
  • 'Macarena' - Los Del Rio
  • 'Brick House' - The Commodores
  • 'Electric Slide' - Marcia Griffiths
And my all-time favorite: 'The Time of My Life' by Jennifer Warnes & Bill Medley -- a hugely overplayed song that's expanded from weddings to TV commercials, where it easily crosses that fine line between 'memorable' and 'annoying'...
Surfin’ Bird was one of the period songs on soundtrack of Full Metal Jacket. Here’s the YouTube clip of the Trashmen,

https://youtu.be/9Gc4QTqslN4