Most annoying song, period.

Sorry if I'm replicating a thread.    I've been wanting to say this for years:  Rick Astley - Never gonna give you up.  What's yours?
shtinkydog

Showing 3 responses by noble100

almarg: "I always thought of "Surfin’ Bird" as a satire, and found it to be kind of funny in a likable sort of way. Although I don’t know how serious or satirical it was intended to be."

Hello Al,

I’ve always thought the same about "Surfin’ Bird" by the Trashmen being a satire.  I love that song but always thought the words were "Bird, bird, bird, bird is a whale" until I discovered he was actually singing "Bird, bird, bird, bird is the word".
     It’s a fairly common sight when surfing with whales around. From a distance when paddling out, a seagull standing on a surfaced whale looks like the bird’s standing on the water. I like my version of the lyrics better, which are almost as cool as this old classic video of the Trashmen performing the song live:

ps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Gc4QTqslN4

Speaking of cool, here’s another newer video classic of Christopher Walken dancing cool to Fat Boy Slim’s "Weapon of Choice":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCDIYvFmgW8

Tim