Monster Alpha Genesis 2000 rebuild?

Hi guys and gals

Wondering if anyone has ever had a Alpha Genesis 2000 rebuilt or retipped. I have been pleased with the Vandenhul rebuilds of my VDH MC-1. Wondering how successful his retips/rebuilds of other cartridge brands are? I welcome opinions on the wisdom of spending +-$400 to rebuild the Monster versus buying something like a lightly used Shelter or???

Thanks
frogman
Hmm isn't ZYX now the equivalent to the Sigma in it's day? Would he Nakatsuka san work those older carts? I don't know, try emailing Mehran, from Sorasound from any new ZYX listing. If not ZYX makes an entry level Bloom that's a little more than your price range, $490. Good luck. Does Garrott Brothers still re-tip carts.?
Hello Frogman
I have a Benz-Micro Ruby that I had retipped at Vandenhul. If you do this, it changes the sound of the cartridge, slewing it towards a Vandenhul type of sound. If you want to maintain the original sonic characteristics of your Genesis, this is probably not a good idea. In my case, I was able to audition a few top-end cartridges in my home system and the black beauty I tried out had dynamics that my ruby lacked, and I sent it for retipping hoping for a combination of the smooth ruby sound and the Vandenhul dynamics. I actually got what I was hoping for, and I am very happy with the results. However, I have seen posts where people were unhappy with the results because of the changes in sound. YMMV.
Bill