Monitors for Bryston 4B ST

I am looking for a pair of Monitor Speakers for my Bryston 4B ST (250watts/channel) amp & Morrison ELAD preamp. Like to keep my price around $1,500.00. I have heard so many great review on the Reynaud Twins MKII but it rated at 100watts, will my Bryston will be too much for it? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
chatbc

Showing 1 response by 3728slingshot

My room is only marginally smaller than yours. I am currently running B&W CDM-1SEs with an Adcom GFA-555. I have no fear of "overpowering" these speakers. The key is that you provide only clean power to the speakers. A speaker with a lower power rating will probably be painfully loud long before you approach or surpass the power rating. As for a speaker for you amp ... I have gone my entire audiophile life with various B&W monitors at the front of the room. Listen to the new CDM-NT series and if you can stretch, the Nautalis 805s. I have been listening around lately ... the only way I've found to surpass the B&Ws is making the step to electrostatics. Martin Logan Aerius Is are amazing ... but not monitors. Good luck. Would love if future posts revealed what decision you made and why.