Modwright Preamp Owners.

I am asking which preamp you replaced with your Modwright LS100. In addition what preamp replaced your Modwright LS100?
dpm2340
Thanks for the insight on the LS 100.

I went from an Audio Research Ls-15 to MW 36.5 years ago.  Huge improvement.  No doubt the separate MW power supply would improve things, and I guess one might find a preamp which suits his taste slightly more, with an infinite budget.   Better ergonomics can be had.  Considering that an improvement would run $5 - 20K,   I have no desire to upgrade from the 36.5.   

The LS100 is the first preamp I tried and it remains in my main system. I am partial to the sound of 6sn7s, and at least in my experience I have not found bass bloat while using either Black Treasure CV181s, Sophia Electric 6sn7s, or NOS Sylvania 6sn7s. 

I have owned my LS 100 since 2011 and have no desire to change it. Before that I had a number of line stages ( Melos, Simaudio, Audible Illusions, Audio Note M zero) and passive preamps, none stayed in my system as long as the LS 100.
My LS100 replaced a Modwright SW 9.0 SE. Have built in phono stage, love this thing.
My LS100 replaced my SWL9.0SE "Signature", which replaced an Audio Research LS16MKII.  However, "I" never really warmed up to the LS100.

I also prefer the 6SN7 tubes, but the LS100 just didn't have the "magic" that the SWL9.0SE Sig possessed.

I really miss my SWL9.0SE Sig and am currently looking for another one.  This unit had the tube rectified power supply and the full complement of Modwright capacitors.

One of my favorite preamps of all time and I've owned LOTS and LOTS of preamps...