Showing 2 responses by mahler123

I am not a Lawyer, and I hadn’t been following the story since it first came out, but after reading the link it appears that the settlement was reached a while ago; but that some people were claiming that the Lawyers involved were colluding with MoFi to limit the payout, and it’s this latest claim that was rejected.

I do believe that MoFi was being intentionally dishonest in their marketing, and don’t wish to rehash that, but the settlement seems more than fair to me. What do people expect? Would that every company that misleads with its advertising suffer some sort penalty..  If MoFi somehow manipulated the process to get “Friendly “ Lawyers then they did a lousy job.  With Friends Like These…”

For those who were duped, the issue isn’t the money. It was a violation of their religious beliefs. While organized religion has become weaker, there are many secular variants that allow people to substitute fanaticism for secular causes. Politics is the most obvious. Many of the issues with the Pandemic were another. And in the world of audio, we have the vinyl vs digital fundamentalists. With Many of the Analog or Die Crowd it is a Gospel that once the analog wave form has been digitized it is forever unclean, unholy. No number of refunds can remove the stain of the violation