ML 390s vs 39 Upgrade?

I'm not asking about the difference between the ML 39 and the 390s. What I am interested to know is whether there is any difference between an upgraded 39 to 390s and a new 390s? I ask because in the wanted section, a couple of users have posted wanteds for a 390s and have specifically requested a new 390s and not an upgraded 39 to 390s. Perhaps an upgraded 39 has less chance of being future upgradeable or is it just that warranty left on a 39 conversion is probably shorter given that the 39 has been out for much longer?

I actually am interested in one of these units. Not only do I love the sound but the design is awesome. Between it's industrial build, integrated volume control, digital inputs, sleek look, slim tray, and solid remote (have you seen the weight of this thing? - not a bad weapon to have should an intruder pop in while you were listening), I am lusting after it. The $6700 list is a bit steep though so I've been looking through the offer lists here for a good used one as well as parusing dealer sites for a good demo unit.

Jeff
rgbyhkr

Showing 1 response by lev335

From what I understand when you upgrade like that your never really 100% there. I had the 39 not to long ago and it sounded great as it was.