mission 775s w/774 arm...a forgotten jewel?

Added this table/arm combo to my hifi museum, and i gotta say it rocks. Somehow missed this in the 80's, and i'm very pleased to have found one today. Playing with a garrott bros. k3 and it is one of the most pleasing analogue front ends i've ever used. Anyone else have one of these?
jaybo

Showing 3 responses by jaybo

that platter is a killer. the moter on mine seems to be fine, and i played with some cartridges to find one that worked quietly. lordy, the dynamics are stunning.i have an oracle paris, and wouldn't part it, and a thorens jubilee which i also love....but this plain looking black table is probably the best investment i've made in awhile. i saw one on audiogon today.....its pretty pricey, but i would say its worth it......your oracle is a classic indeed.
there is no suffix on the arm container, so i believe it to be a straight up 774 arm. i will probably keep this combo the way it is because it is literally like new and sounds great. i will look for a mechanic however for future use, given this combo's incredible performance.
i had a 4 day shootout with my thorens 147 jubilee, and my friend's superb well tempered classic, and vpi hw3....it hung in with both tables even with a much cheaper cartridge than the other three.