Mint Protractor. A Pretty Nice Alignment Tool

So when I bought my Triplanar the seller had a Mint protractor for it. It was cut to be used on a Garrard 401. As luck would have it, the spindle size is the same as the one on my Scheu Analog table. So I put it on the table this morning, and fine tuned the cartridge alignment. My overhang was off just the smidgiest of a smidge, and I made the slightest of corrections to the cantilever alignment. Using an overhead light it was very easy to see the alignment lines. Playback showed the efforts yielded positive results. I have to say this is a good product. Nothing magical about it, just a clean execution of an arc protractor.

neonknight

Dear @lewm  : Not exactly that. What I'm saying is refered to how the MINT LP protractor was/is made it where ( independent of the type of alignment choosed ) the manufacturer takes the P2S distance as his protractor reference to build it.

R.

I bought one about 10 years ago and never did like it, too difficult for my eyes. The problem with the Mint is that it’s pretty much turntable specific, change tables or tonearms and you likely need a new protractor. None of this matters as the consensus is that Mint is either out of business, or Yip is deceased. As far as protractors are concerned, I much prefer the Dr. Feickert, easiest alignment tool I’ve ever used.