Micro SX-8000 II or SZ-1

Does anybody know if there is a mayor difference between the Micro-Seiki SX-8000 II and the "flagship" SZ-1?
A friend told me I should look for a SZ-1 because it offers a better motor. Having a SX-8000 II I am not shure whether it is worth looking for a SZ-1 or only for another motor-unit?
thuchan

Showing 2 responses by dkarmeli

Peterayer, what Tuchan is suggesting is simply a fixed separate platform on the same plane under each component instead of one large one for all three. Setting up of belt tension is no different from them sitting on one platform. Theoretically this way you're isolating each of the 3 from interacting with the others mechanical resonance.
Peterayer, in Tuchan's set up there are 3 separate fixed platforms sitting on top of a larger shelf. There's no movement in any direction unless intentional. Quality 4 point active air bladders will eliminate the issue you mention. Even then the affect of passive one loosing moderate level depends on the turntable setup or the equipment that's sitting on top of it. Personally I'm not a fan of air platforms under high mass tables, but that's relative to my equipment and tastes.