Micro SD Cards

Ok, I have a Sony High Res portable player, it sounds amazing, but I’ve used up the HD and have to start adding Micro SD cards.  I apparently ruined my first SD card by formatting it on a Mac Air before I read the Sony instructions that said I had to format it on the player itself.
  So I’ve bought another card but my question is: after I format it, do I have to transfer music to it while the card resides in the Sony player?  Or can I move the card to a PC, transfer files to the card (it comes with an adapter for PCs), and then reinsert in the Sony?
mahler123

Showing 2 responses by mahler123

I’d rather transfer music on the Mac, where it’s easier to verify that the files are indeed on the card, or rearrange the order if I wish.  I’m just afraid that I’ll somehow ruin another card.  The Sony instructions say that the card has to be formatted in the player but are silent about whether the card can be removed to transfer files elsewhere, and the product support at Crutchfeld, from whom I bought the player, was useless
@almarg 
Thanks for that post, al.
Regrettably, my SD card experience has gone from bad to worst.  The new card wouldn’t be read by the player as being correctly inserted.  In trying to remove it, the card has become so completely wedged in the tiny slot that I can’t extract it, even with a medical clamp.  It’s under warranty, but Sony is saying they won’t cover this.
This is my only experience ever with SD cards and it will be my last