MHDT Orchid or Lampizator Amber 3?

I’m considering one of these. Please share your thoughts, especially if you’ve heard them. I will be streaming 70% and CD’s 30%

Jazz, R&B and classical in that order are my listening habits.

My room is 20x30 and very nice acoustics.

Current system:
Dali Epicon 8, Luxman 509X, PS Audio NuWave DSD, Cambridge CXC, Shunyata interconnects & Nordost speaker cable

Thank you!!!

jzzmusician
Post removed 
Oh my! I took all mods listed in this thread and other threads concerning mods to the Orchard, and applied them -all- to a 2hand Stockholm 2 I got for a good price… Installed the Shuguang Treasure CV181Z through an adaptor…..

The sound….. is like nothing I heared before… My Denafrips AresII is sold!

Currently burning in the Shuguang Treasure CV181Z, 5 hours now…. 

I realize that the main activity for this post is well behind us, but also wanted to say a big thank you to all who have participated and contributed such dense and valuable information.

I have a couple of thoughts/ideas to throw out and will hope that some of the main contributors are still following this:

I know Bill prefers the SS rectification, but has anyone tried or thought about a well designed external power supply with tube rectification for an Orchid? I don’t think Dan probably has time or interest, but thought about asking him about an external PS for the Orchid… (I’m also curious if anyone has compared a Modwright Elyse with a modded Orchid..?)

Also, are there any mods/adjustments that would better support use of an adapter 6SN7 in a modded Orchid?  Has anyone pondered a transformer upgrade both for different tube rolling options, but for improvements in general?  Seems like the core circuitry continues to impress and could be worthy of more significant changes, whether external PS, transformer, or maybe other things..

Thanks in advance for humoring some more ideas.

PS: I’ll be in touch soon Bill. We’ve talked before and I fully anticipate doing a mod package with you. 

@madsry I prefer the Amperex 6DJ8 tubes in my MHDT Balanced Pagoda over the stock (GE maybe?) 369 tubes and some sort of Tesla (I'm not at home to see which kind). The Amperex obviously requires adapters to work. I haven't tried any other tubes besides those nor has the DAC been modified. Not sure the Orchid will be hugely different but this is my experience.