Merlin TSM comparisons

Hi,

I've been reading up lately on all kinds of monitors, and have been intrigued by Merlin's TSM. The latest iteration is the mmi, I believe.

If you've heard the TSM lately, especially in comparison to other, current monitor offerings out there, I'd love to hear your opinions. I know that there are other Merlin threads on Audiogon but I am especially interested in hearing from folks who have compared them to others, especially if you've lived with them.
rebbi
Several months ago, I upgraded my TSM-mmi rig from the RC's to the Master RC's. I can now report that the upgrade was unquestionably cost effective and very worthwhile. The Master RC's are beginning to really break in, and the improvement from the standard RC's is not subtle: everything is even more seamless and coherent sounding, open sounding and revealing. Well worth the upgrade if you're contemplating it!
I just got a set of Supra Classic 6.0T's to use with my TSM-MX's and must say these really do fit the bill. I have struggled recently with cables for the TSM - with a PrimaLuna Dialogue Two fitted with Gold Lion KT-77's, most cables I tried ended up sounding thin and brittle - Furutech Evolution, Shunyata Python, and even the recommended Au24. The best luck I had was with (believe it or not) Naim NACA5 which gave a nice full bodied sound at the expense of treble extension and detail. The Supra maintains this richness and adds the missing treble extension - pre-burn in, from the onset I could tell this is the right cable for my setup, fairly neutral leaning a little towards the sweet and smooth side of things. Highly recommended and a steal at the price.