Member Almarg passed away last night

Al ( @almarg ) passed away peacefully yesterday evening, September 14th, 2020.

Margaret, Al's wife, was by his side most of the afternoon.

Both she and Al, as well as Al's family, were deeply touched by the outpouring of respect and appreciation for Al from members who, via written word, shared so very much in the 'Update on Audiogon Member Almarg' thread.

Margaret extends her thanks, gratitude and appreciation to all members. She treasures each and every post.
david_ten

Showing 3 responses by cd318

@david_ten ,

From Margaret:

"Among all the other ways Al had positive contributions to make, perhaps, is that he was the first hospice patient at Yale to figure out how to pipe in music audio into the 4 Supportive Care Unit rooms."

That's a lovely anecdote. It's good to hear that for Al, just like it does for the rest of us, access to music remained a priority.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was also trying to figure out the best way to do it without incurring too many sonic compromises.

We audiophiles can't help it, we just seem to be wired that way.
Yes Al was a class act.

We didn't share many exchanges online but the ones we did were all good.

It was touching that we shared some musical tastes too such as some of those lush 1960s recordings as well as the love of audio.
@stimpy1226,

These past 5 months for me have been shocking, so I can appreciate how you must feel.

I can't remember a previous time when 5 people I knew have all died so close together.

Rather shockingly, the closest of them was still comparitively young. I have no idea when I will be able to accept his passing.

The regrets seem to be endless. They come and go swapping places with sadness and numbness.

These are difficult times all over and I'm sure there must be a lot of people hurting right now.

It's important that forum members like Al are remembered by his many friends here. Ultimately it's the memories that remain, and amongst the ongoing hullabaloo, and fight to keep your head above water, they will remain worth preserving.

Best wishes to you.