Melco N100 vs Sonore opticalrendu

Hi

I am currently using a laptop connected to my dac (denafrips terminator) and would like to upgrade my source. 

Being new to this, would like to ask for experience between melco N100 (paired with a plixir linear power supply) and sonore opticalrendu, as I have heard good things about both. 

Which would be better? And would I need to get a music server for the sonore? (To prevent the jitter/noise from my laptop to still dirty the stream going into the sonore?) 

Aiming for a larger and more relaxed soundstage, with darker background. Other benefits eg sweeter and softer mids, better imaging are of course appreciated :)

Thanks!

Regards
Ben
thegreenman

Showing 1 response by arafiq

When it comes to streamers, you will find such varied responses from everyone that in the end it would be impossible to make an informed decision based on online feedback alone. I think Small Green Computers has a return policy on the opticalRendu. Best thing is to buy one and try it out in your system.

If you're interested check out the review from 13th Note Hifi where he compares several low-to-mid-priced streamers. Spoiler Alert: opticalRendu is the winner!