McIntosh vs Accuphase?

Right now I'm using a Marantz PM-11S1 w/ Monitor Audio Gold floor standers. I'm a big fan of Marantz reference gear and their smooth yet detailed warmth. That said, I'm looking to get an integrated for my bedroom setup with a built-in DAC (no room for separates), which nixes something like the PM-KI Ruby. Looks to me like the McIntosh MA5300 / 7200 or Accuphase E-280 / E-380 fit the bill. I'm not really interested in Hegel or Rotel based on their aesthetics. I kind of like the idea of VU meters as well. So the question is, between the two McIntosh integrated or the Accuphase, what's my play? I'm located in the US so that's two points for Mc (pricing and service). But the Accuphase stuff looks to have much higher quality components, design, and build quality. Though for the price of the E-280 w/ option boards I could get a MA7200 and have spare change. Hmm...
lostark
Accuphase, of course. I am building a new system and recently heard an Accuphase at a dealer (it was an exchange I think since the dealer does not carry Accuphase otherwise). We compared the Accuphase E-480 with McIntosh (I think it was the 7200, but can't remember the exact model to be honest), and to my ears the Accuphase was better -- more transparent and neutral (in a good way). I ended up buying a used Audio Research integrated, but Accuphase would have been my second choice.
Keep in mind, in the USA the McIntosh 7200 will actually be the MAC7200, which is a receiver (with a tuner). The integrated only MA7200 is only available outside of the states. The two units are otherwise identical.  The MAC7200 is authorized to be sold through many online retailers, unlike the other products.  The MA5300 is a direct coupled amp, not an Autoformer amp. It is also authorized for online sales.
Great speakers.

I haven't heard Mc gear in a very long time, but the place to rule it in or out is in the treble.

Best,

Erik