McIntosh Sonus Faber love affair, alternatives?

We have heard a lot about the McIntosh sonus faber relationship which now has been legally consummated.  Like Taylor and Travis it seems very harmonious.

I am interested in exploring an option involving infidelity.  Are there alternatives to a sonus faber speaker with a McIntosh tube amp that are just as good? Or possibly even better? Will Taylor find a better suitor or is she resigned to eternity with this Travis guy maybe for lack of really trying.

emergingsoul

Yamaha NS-5000 does more for less.  Just make sure your amp has at least 400 watts into four ohms. 

Love the jackassery quote! Brings me back to my college days and listening to my Pioneer set up with Infinity Speakers. 

I have Sonus Faber speakers from a dealer out of the twin cities and couldn't be happier with the sound from them from either my Hafler 9290 J-Fet solid state or top of the line Primaluna integrated. The SF's have a mellow sound without fatigue in my opinion, lot's of detail without too much bass. I am anxious to hear the new Sonetto G2 line !

I have my SF Lilium paired with Mac 611’s and C22 preamp.  My opinion:  airy, and detailed but not etched, fast well controlled bass.  No syrup in the mids.  High’s are spot on with no added warmth anywhere.  I’m sure other electronics would do just as well, but this match works for me.  Just my two cents on this pairing.

I’ve been waiting on a pair of SF speakers for a while now and I’m hoping they will sound great with either my Hegel H390 or my PS Audio BHK 300’s. My dealer is hoping they don’t and that I’ll buy some Mac separates from them.