McIntosh MCD12000 vs. Luxman D-10X vs. Technics SL-G700M2

Hello,

Has anyone heard the McIntosh MCD12000, the Luxman D-10X and the Technics SL-G700M2?

If yes, what are the differences? and which do you prefers and why?

I am about to purchase a Technics SL-G700M2 this week, but now thinking whether I should cancel and purchase either the MCD12000 or the Luxman D-10X instead.

I understand the Technics SL-G700M2 is a much lower cost, but I am hoping someone who had listens to all 3 SACD players above can provide me with an insight on how they differs.

Thank you

bmwalpina

Showing 2 responses by mahler123

I have actually heard all 3 players, all at shows or in a dealer showroom.  The problem is that these auditions were all separated by significant lengths of time and different listening environments, differing partnering components, etc.  So with that in mind, my favorite was the Technics.  The Mac had a big sound but kind of diffuse placement of instruments (this perhaps was influenced by the Sonys Farber pairing speakers).  The Technics had more etched sound, where I felt I could place the instruments in space.  The Lux was somewhere in between and sounded a bit tubey. 
  I didn’t buy any, as my lust for a new SACD player abated, but the Technics is the best value of those 3.

You probably will land a fine sounding piece regardless of your choice, but the Tecnics makes even more sense after the issues that you raised