McIntosh MCD-205 Changer?

Has anyone heard this? It is interesting because the transport is not a carrousel, it is the Music Bank elevator mechanism by Nakamichi. Tellig said that you no longer have to sacrafice convenience for sound quality.

I am also considering using my Adcom carrousel as the transport and buying a high-end DAC. The problem with this solution is that the transport contributes a lot to the sound quality...
bluechriss2003
After months of looking, I finally purchased the McIntosh MCD205 CD player from the House of Music in San Francisco. It is running balanced into my McIntosh MA6900 integrated amp with Sonus Faber Grand Piano speakers (older model) and it sounds excellent. It is very warm sounding and natural. The disk loading mechanism is easy to use and it works perfectly. I suggest you go listen to one. cheers..
Good advice - I will search for one to borrow this weekend. I am driving the Vienna Acoustics Strauss speakers with a pair of VTL-450MBs, so the MCD205 should match up very nicely... and it would be a step above my Adcom carrousel changer!

I am just unwilling to depart with the convenience of a changer, and I am willing to pay for quality. Why don't more high end audio companies get it?
Pardon me guys but all I read is how good the MCD205 in your systems. What about sound comparison with CDP in the similar price range? AERO PRIMA 12/192, Wadia 301, Rega Jupiter, Cary 308T etc....

I'd really like to hear from someone who's done an AB comparison. I too am considering the MCD205 but for $2600 are there better sounding units for that same price or less?

I like the 5 disc feature (Nachamichi transport)and the MC build quality and versatile connections.

Any feedback on this would be very much appreciated.

My system: SF line2se, MC402, ML Ascent, Pioneer CLD D604, Audioquest interconnects, Changs Lightspeed CLS6600 conditioner.
The MCD205 is a good player, but it can be beat by others. Last year I compared it with a Rega Jupiter and preferred the Jupiter. The Jupiter was smoother and more musical. The thing I don't like about the MCD205 is that if you want to change a disc you have to stop playing the current CD. With carousel mechanisms you can continue playing a CD while you change out the others.