McIntosh MC207 or MC402 w/MC205??

I am wondering if anyone has made a direct comparison between the MC207 and the MC402 or MC352. I am upgrading my MC7205 to a MC205 and while I wait for it to ship I am considering the MC207 instead since the dealer has one in stock. My thought is I could use the 7 channels as a 5.1 with the front speakers bi-amped. Or continue to use the 5 channel for Center and rears and my 352 for the 2 channel.
I listen to vinyl and cd 2 channel most of the time and curious if the new McIntosh amps without autoformers sound any better than those with autoformers.
128x128theo
Not true about the autoformer. All the autoformer does is help match the impedancet of the output of the amp. to the speakers so the amp. runs cooler. I have both a pair of MC501's and MC207 (which has new circuitry which does the same thing as the autoformer). The MC207 is a fantastic amp. and will actually do more like 300 watt/channel x 7. The MC207 has the largest transformer of all the single chasis amps. made by Mcintosh. Both are terrific amps. which have different functions. I doubt you could hear any difference between the two in a stereo setup at reasonable volumes. I highly recommend the MC207.
There is a definate difference in Macs with and without autoformers. The amps with autoformers sound fuller and smoother with more weight- better!
i came at it from the other direction- preferred the 207 to the 205 so i got the 207 and used all 7 channels in a 7.1 setup---then was unhappy with the phono stage in the 207 so got an arc ph-5 as a separate phono section and mac 501 monoblocks for the fronts and use the 207 for the other 5 speakers-absolute sweet vinyl sounds-in audio nirvana ( for the time being)-never thought about the bi-amp possibility but not sure thats possible-better check with mac on that--if you do use the 207, the pipes on the 1,4, and 7 have an extra something( i think transistor but can't remember what chuck at mac told me )so you can reassign them to make sure you use them(ie- on mine, 1,3 are now surround ( instead of fronts)and 4 is center----have fun