MCintosh MA7900 USB Driver causing Windows10/11 Crash

The Windows10/11 is experiencing intermittent kernell crash when playing music or any sound over the USB port in the MA7900. The Windows driver on the MCintosh web site is like 10 years old. The online support team had me try many things and nothing fixes the problem. Please note that this intermittent problem is present from day one when I bought the MA7900. Is there anyone out there using that configuration without any problems? Any suggestions to get an updated driver outside the MCintosh labs?

128x128jmiqui

Showing 2 responses by awpsome

@jmiqui - I created an account just to respond to this thread. You are not alone, I too (am one of the "crazies") that hook up a McIntosh to their PC. This exact same issue happens for me using my MHA100 connected to my Windows 11 PC. same issue existed when I had windows 10. It happens randomly and is most definitely driver related. My PC will ALWAYS crash at some random point once the mcintosh is turned on. if the mcintosh is off and connected via usb, i get random "USB unrecognized errors" that pop up once in a while. 

I found this thread just googling DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. I also have a Mcintosh c2600 that i had connected to the same PC via usb and never had any issues. It's specifically only when my MHA100 is connected. It drives me insane each time it crashes. 

I spoke to a guy named Chuck at McIntosh and they are aware of the issue. No fixes. Not sure if they will update the driver ever, unfortunately. Good luck. 

@jmiqui - Interesting info, thanks for sharing about USB over SPDIF. As of last night I tried uninstalling the drivers for it and having it re-recognize itself but instead use the ’windows’ drivers over the mcintosh.

To my surprise, the PC did NOT BSOD with the watchdog error at all. I’ll continue testing today and we’ll see if any changes come about.

Interesting point about upgrading your PC, I also upgraded recently, MB, CPU, GPU, all while keeping the same SSD. I still get the error.

It is what it is, ive considering getting a bluesound node if it ever drives me to the point. The only missing key feature is that if I get a streamer, it only takes care of my music and i lose the ability to hear any PC noise, browser, youtube, movies, etc.

It is what it is.