McIntosh MA12000 is it worth upgrading to.

I'm thinking about upgrading from a MA452 power amp and a MC70 tube preamp, to the MA12000. I like the built in dac. and 8 tone controls. USB connection and more balanced inputs. It would also take up less space.The tube pre section has less distortion.03 MC70 .08 but the power side is 350wpc compared to the 452 at 450wpc. I love my system amazing sound and sound stage would like some feedback if worth the investment. McIntosh as of May 1, is offering 75% of the original MSP, till the end of June. I would appreciate all feedback pro or con.

eoj4952

Showing 1 response by steve59

I'm new to mac moving from a hegel h590 to a c49 and pair of mc611's. How does the headroom compare on the model you have and the ma12000? What impressed me the most about my separates is how much better everything is at low volume, bass, soundstage, dynamics, layering, all the things I previously had to turn up to 90+ db to get now comes in at late night, 'everyone else in the house is asleep' levels. IDK if it's a mac thing or having so much power? Either way you already identified that as your concern so maybe you can get one on loan?