McIntosh MA 6500

Anyone know about this integrated? Better yet, anyone know where I can find some reviews on this piece? Thanks.
s7horton
I've been consider a McIntosh integrated amplifier.
Don't have one nor have yet to audition one.
With that said... according to the McIntosh website the 6900 has the ability to remove the tone controls from the signal path while the 6500 does not. At least according to the comparision chart I was just reading.
Hbarrel, I could be wrong, but I assumed that all their tone controls are out of the signal path when set at the 12 o'clock position, I believe this to be true.
The tone controls are completely removed from the signal path in both the 6900 and 6500 when at the 12 o'clock position.

Quoting from the MA6500 manual,

"Bass and Treble Controls
Adjust the BASS and TREBLE controls to suit your listening preferences. The bass or treble intensity can be increased with clockwise rotation and decreased with counterclockwise rotation. All tone control circuit elements are removed from the signal path when the controls are in the center or flat position."
I have listened to both. They are both fantastic pieces. They do sound different. Two things I heard that were genuinely different were the way each amp handled bass and the way each amp handled human voices. They were different, and I believe many people would differ in their asessment of which one they preferred.

I genuinely believe that, depending on your speakers and room characteristics, one of these integrateds could sound better than the other. I also believe one could genuinely prefer the general sound of one over the other (in either direction). For me, I preferred the 6900, I also needed one blanced input, so I went with the 6900.

I don't think a person could go wrong with either, its choosing the one that best suits your needs and taste that is the key. You must, must, must, must, let your ears be the judge. Enjoy!
I just upgraded to the McIntosh MA6900 from a Rotel amp and pre-amp. The McIntosh isn't sounding as musical to me as my Rotel was, the McIntosh is more tame down and yes more smooth at the high-end freq. but less dynamic. The detail quality is about the same. I was hoping to gain more by going with McIntosh but it sounds too tame, too refined. Is this the normal sound before break-in or is this how the McIntosh MA6900 is going to stay? I have about 72 hours on the MA6900 so far. I would appreciate any help if someone can. Thanks.