McIntosh MA 6500

Anyone know about this integrated? Better yet, anyone know where I can find some reviews on this piece? Thanks.
s7horton

Showing 9 responses by brianmgrarcom

Also try different taps.
I thought the same thing also flyski, but he has a 6500 not a 6900 and the 6500 doesn't have that option.
Gotcha, my bad, I went back to the top of the post which listed a 6500. In light of this oversight, I agree that "noemail" may want to experiment with the different taps.
Seth, who started this thread, is a friend of mine and I am sure he appreciates the above information, but I know he is aware of all the above information. I do believe, besides wanting to know of any reviews, he was looking for someone who may own one and/or compared one.

I am surprised we do not hear more on the 6500, the 6900 is still quite new. I heard the 6500 in store a year ago and it sounded nice to me, as much as you can tell on a totally different system than your own and different room. At this price point, the Plinius and others get plently of acknowledgement and I would be curious how the Mac compared, not speculation.
Budrew, thank you for the reply, it's much appreciated! Could you follow up with the amps you compared these to and what your system consists of?

Thanks
Thanks Bud, this info is helpful! Were any of those that you tested close to the Mac's IYO?
I would like to add to Finaol's comments, that the 6900's preamp section is a cross between the C41 and C42.
Hbarrel, I could be wrong, but I assumed that all their tone controls are out of the signal path when set at the 12 o'clock position, I believe this to be true.
Contrary to Undertow, I don't think the tone controls should be the solution, the amp should sound fine on its own.

Have you talked with the dealer that you purchased the Mac from?