McIntosh -- good for show, not for sound, says dealer

More unvarnished truth from YouTube.
"real audiophiles...know it doesn't sound that good"

https://youtu.be/sMUQqAagKm0?t=181

Real audiophiles -- be aware. You've been read the Riot Act. 

Discuss.

128x128hilde45

Showing 4 responses by troidelover1499

I try not to make things too complicated and just use common sense. McIntosh has been very successful for a really long time and it continues to be. Resale value is excellent. It would be silly think their products don’t have appeal. People like nice things and aren’t stupid, but people like different things, some want looks, some what sound, some want status, some want what they want when they were growing up and didn't have money. But how can we argue that alot of people like McIntosh alot and have for a long time. To me the looks good versus sounds good thing is pretty stupid.

I think it is kinda funny. As I am reading through all these painful posts that now this Mike Powell character has burned his bridges here with nasty postings under his own name, he has activated his Ukranian sleeper cells to try to clean some of the caked dirt off. This is just wacko! Hilarious when someone with his first post here magically appears to go on and on about what a wonderful experience he has had.

They haven’t used point to point wiring since the invention of the printed circuit board. 

I have observed that in this hifi hobby so many peeps have really odd ideas of what good quality is in equipment.

@stereo5

I think that maybe I was unclear in the meaning of my comment earlier. I was actually talking about folks who have a problem with pcb’s in hifi gear, and think that point to point wiring is better.  That belief is silly, and I think those folks have never lived in the world of current day electronics and technology, where pcb’s are essential to world class manufacturing and mass production at scale with top flight quality control.