McIntosh -- good for show, not for sound, says dealer

More unvarnished truth from YouTube.
"real audiophiles...know it doesn't sound that good"

https://youtu.be/sMUQqAagKm0?t=181

Real audiophiles -- be aware. You've been read the Riot Act. 

Discuss.

128x128hilde45

Showing 6 responses by tomic601

But some might not know, Dead first or early PA were 4x MC240 bolted to a board… 200#, probably running mono at 80-90 watts per amp….

Jessica Williams is pouring out her witty soul tonight…thru my 60 year old MC240…..

ah, sublime……

Jessica Williams 2001 Live At Maybeck

@bigboypete Good on ya man. I ran a 202 for a decade. When you get it serviced there is i believe an effective LED light upgrade kit now, I replaced the burned out lights in mine, fairly easy to do if you are handy w soldering iron.

Enjoy the music !
Jim

@geleary123 Thanks for your service and sacrifice for our imperfect but already great country. IF i might suggest you send an email to Randy Vikan at Elite Audio Technician in Washington state. Expert in all things Mc repair related. He only works on Mc and Primeare. i trust him w my family heirloom MC240, etc. 

i think finding a totally invincible CD player is a unicorn myth, they all fail….eventually…i have a dead Marantz Pro boat anchor…but i guess that’s a different thread…

Best to you. Jim

Dave - chill dude ;-) All that venom no good for your great hearted soul. I got Tony Joe White swammmmmpy rock running thru my 1961 MC240 as i write this…toe tapping, surfer chicks out the window, California sunshine…all is well…

of course, the 240 are not autoformer….but perhaps the best transformers ever wound by the imperfect  hand of man….