McIntosh C49 Standby Light

Is this normal? My new McIntosh C49 “Standby” lettering lights up red when it’s in Standby 🤔. All of my other McIntosh gear does not. 

C49 Standby light picture

betrthanren

What do you use? I THINK I just want to RE clock mine or do I need to RE think what I'm doing. LOL Lots of REs in there. I'm a novice when it comes to a DAC.

I still use a Sony ES777, and 5400 SACD. It's analog out into a MAC preamps.
I use a Cocktail streamer too, great transport with a lot of options. It has a Dac.

Regards

I agree with you imhififan.

I know this issue shouldn’t bother me but it does. It is a fantastic preamp and I’m very happy with it. I have used it most with the DAC for streaming, Tidal, Qobuz and Apple Music. It’s the DA1 DAC, not sure if the upgrade to the DA2 would benefit me right now as I don’t have any DSD512 files, actually I have no DSD files whatsoever. 🤣
I have played around with the phono but I haven’t really dialed it in with the capacitance setting just yet. Which brings up another question, can you change the capacitance using the remote? I have no idea how to access the menu from the remote. I remember watching a video on the C47 and them saying you could do it from your remote but there’s nothing in the manual and I see nothing on the remote to access it. If I’m missing something, please share. Go to 1 minute to see what I’m talking about.

Happy listening!