McIntosh c2700 users please chime in?

1. Is there a big difference (besides the upgradable DAC module)?

2. How much discount (5, 10, 15%) should one expect to get if asked?

I may be looking to sell my BHK pre and then pay the difference for the C2700. Nothing wrong with the BHK. I also like the idea of tone controls. Plus, its hard not to like the blue meters :)
aberyclark

Showing 11 responses by stereo5

@cleeds,

Sorry but I don’t agree with that.  I frequent the Mac forum daily on another site and I have yet to hear anyone who has bought a current Mac component say the got a discount.  Many have asked for one but no one has received a discount, unless they are buying a system and other pieces have been discounted to compensate.  If you know of a dealer that does discount, please let me know as I am looking for a few Mac items. I deal exclusively with AC and am very satisfied.  I can’t say enough great things about them.  
If you are buying a new C2700, expect no discount. If it’s a C2600 or C2500 which have both been discontinued than expect a discount. McIntosh is very strict with the pricing on current equipment and most (notice I said most) dealers won’t give a discount out of fear of getting in trouble with them. Why do you feel a discount is warranted on new McIntosh equipment?  You don’t get it on most other high end equipment. I realize your Parasound BHK was probably discounted as they always seem to be but not usually so with McIntosh. If you want a big discount with Mac, then buy used. AC would probably laugh if you asked for a discount on new Mac, it just won’t happen.
@d2girls,

if you got a discount, good for you. You also bought 2 pieces. If you bought only 1, you probably wouldn’t have gotten anything. Regardless, I couldn’t care less.  Everyone thinks they are entitled.  Did you buy yours in Canada or the US?
@sanctus555where I live, dealers won’t budge.  There isn’t a Magnolia dealer in my area that carries McIntosh.  It’s all home theater receivers and multichannel. I personally would not buy such an expensive piece at Best Buy. They couldn’t get a 2K Dell laptop fixed properly so I doubt they would fix McIntosh properly.  I deal with AC, they have been good to me and I am a repeat customer.  Happy you got good deals. 
Since McIntosh is manufacturing the C2700, I would check with McIntosh on the availibility of the parts.

@jc51373 ,

You are very welcome, it’s always a pleasure to help out fellow audiophiles. 

@jc51373 ,

the real question is why would you purchase gear that is made by a small manufacturer which becomes totally worthless once the owner/designer dies?  If you think McIntosh is mid-Fi, it may be time to go see an audiologist and get the wax out of your ears.  You can thank me later.