McIntosh c2700 users please chime in?

1. Is there a big difference (besides the upgradable DAC module)?

2. How much discount (5, 10, 15%) should one expect to get if asked?

I may be looking to sell my BHK pre and then pay the difference for the C2700. Nothing wrong with the BHK. I also like the idea of tone controls. Plus, its hard not to like the blue meters :)
aberyclark

Showing 12 responses by aberyclark

I read reviews of the c2600 at the time and both the DAC and phono got really nice reviews. If I got the 2700, I would compare the built in phono with my current outboard ELAC PPA-2 and go with the one that sounds best. Getting rid of a couple boxes (current Dac and phono) sounds appealing to make my rack look a bit cleaner.

I think the tube c2700 would be a nice pairing with my ZU Omen defs and Firstwatt j2. Tube smoothness along with the deep, knarly bass of the SS J2
You may be right about current line up macs. I would be fine with a demo unit, however, being so new, probably not a lot available. However, you can get discounts of the "online dealer Mac models" (the ones you see in crutchfield, MD, etc) at BB Magnolia. 

You are correct. I've read many forums thru the years, when discounts and prices are brought up, there is always a "pretender" or two who seem to think it's an insult to ask for a discount. Generally, Lottery winners go broke because they do not shop wisely and overspend on things. Lottery winners love showing off the fact they are no longer in the trailer and brag about their new digs (they way over pay for). I have my own business and quote adjustments are the norm in business.
I agree. Maybe some dealers will not give one. That is totally fine. The BHK is a great preamp. The 2700 has more of what I’m looking for feature wise. 
Everyone thinks they are entitled.

Why is it entitlement when seeking a better price? Stereo 5, you pay full price for a car? You pay asking for a house? If this is the case, then you really have probably threw away tons of money in your life. An $8000 pre amp is expensive. It’s not like buying a pack of gum and asking the store for 20% off. Just like with a house or car, the dealer can say no. If a dealer gets insulted, that is their problem. I say no all the time. Is the sales person "entitled" to receive the commission on extended warranties? No. However, they are going to ask..that is their job. I can say no.

"How dare you to a ask a Mcintosh dealer for a discount...Mcintosh is audio royalty and needs to be respected as such"......get over it
I apologize to all for my above snarky comments. I mis-read the intent of the post. I need to just get away from all the noise in the world for a while. 

A new c2700 would help me clear my mind :)
I would probably be fine with the c2600 if the DAC was upgradable. The non tubed version (c53) is also on my radar. 
How is the phono section of the C2700? I’ll probably keep my current ELAC ppa-2 phono pre
At least with the 2700 one can upgade the dac once it becomes outdated in 7 - 10 years time