McIntosh C2700: different volume for different outputs? (maybe a dumb question!)

I have a McIntosh C2700 preamp. Just got a power amp (MC275) that will run a pair of speakers. Maybe Klipsch Fortes. So, Output 1 = C2700->MC275->Klipsch speakers will be output 1.

By a weird set of circumstances I have a pair of ATC SCM 40A active speakers. Not a great fit to the C2700, but that's what I've got. I am planning to run output 2 to the ATCs, which will be in the adjoining room. Thus Output 2 = C2700->ATC speakers

My question: is it possible to set different volume levels for the different outputs? Neither the MC275s or the ATCs have volume adjustment, so I need to adjust volume via the preamp. Wondering if there's a way to do that via the C2700's controls

sweetjonnyp

Showing 3 responses by sweetjonnyp

The ATC actives do not have volume control. Their colume is controlled by the pre-amp. Anyone have solutions/ideas? 

Again, the setup is

Main room

C2700-->balanced cable-->ATC SCM 40A

Den

C2700-->MC275-->speaker wire-->Klipsch Fortes

I need to find a way to boost the volume on the Fortes or reduce volume on the ATC SCM 50As

To explain:

I want to send music from my preamp to two different rooms at the same time.

Room 1, Output 1 from preamp, is mc275 power amp driving a pair of passive speakers

Room 2, Output 2 from preamp, is a pair of ATC SCM  40A speakers. These are active speakers.

I want to be able to adjust the volume independently for each room.

For instance, maybe room is a large room where I can crank it up a bit, but room 2 is a sitting room that is smaller and the volume needs to be lower.

Can it be done?

Here's a twist: if I can't do that via the preamp, what about using a pair of Sescom inline volume controls (like these)?

Hi, I wound up buying a Behringer Monitor1 passive monitor and volume controller.

See this link.

xlr in from the pre-amp, xlr out to the active speakers

Since it was the active speakers that were louder, i use it to reduce their volume. The passive Klipsch driven by the mc 275s are at 100% of whatever volume i've chosen on the preamp. The atc passive speakers are usually run at 75-80% of full volume