McIntosh C2700: different volume for different outputs? (maybe a dumb question!)

I have a McIntosh C2700 preamp. Just got a power amp (MC275) that will run a pair of speakers. Maybe Klipsch Fortes. So, Output 1 = C2700->MC275->Klipsch speakers will be output 1.

By a weird set of circumstances I have a pair of ATC SCM 40A active speakers. Not a great fit to the C2700, but that's what I've got. I am planning to run output 2 to the ATCs, which will be in the adjoining room. Thus Output 2 = C2700->ATC speakers

My question: is it possible to set different volume levels for the different outputs? Neither the MC275s or the ATCs have volume adjustment, so I need to adjust volume via the preamp. Wondering if there's a way to do that via the C2700's controls

sweetjonnyp

Showing 1 response by mdhowes

@sweetjonnyp did you ever figure it out?. I have a Mcintosh C2500 with a two zone output configuration as well. Output 1 is a direct connection to my MC452 running a set of passive speakers and Output 2 is supplying a signal to a Sonos connect which is connected to two Hypex Ncore500 Monoblocks which in turn pick up my whole home audio setup. I will be very interested in finding out how the C2500 can achieve individual output volume control as you have mentioned (I realize we have different pre amps but the premise is the same)