McIntosh C2300 vs C2500/C2600 A/B Comparison

Hi,

I did my reading online and couldn't really find a clear cut answer.
I currently own a C2300 and I might have a chance to switch to a C2500.
Has anyone done an A/B comparison soundwise?

I am not interested in the DAC capabilities of the C2500 as I generally use the regular line in input for CD and MM input for phono as my main sources.

Mainly - Is there a big enough sonic difference between the two and if so what is it? 
Thank you everyone!
yyman23

Showing 2 responses by stereo5

I have a C2500.  I can't say enough good things about it.  It is the finest sounding preamp I have ever owned and it is dead quiet.  I bought the C2500 over the C2300 because I needed the processor loop which the C2300 does not have.  I would think either one would be fine although I like the way the C2500 presents the music.
To me it is the ease in which the music flows. The built in MC preamp sounds very good.  I feel there is a little more frequency extension on both ends with the C2500.  I think of it as a tweaked C2300.  If there is a big difference in price, go with the C2300, if it is around the same price, I would go for the C2500.  The dac chip in the C2500 is the Burr Brown pcm 1792 chip set. It’s decent but not as good as the dac in my Esoteric SACD player.