Mccormack DNA-225 platinum

Over the weekend I purchased a Mccormack DNA 225 platinum for $400 at an estate sale along with a set of Vandersteen 5 speakers. I knew that Mccormack amps had a good reputation and only realized that it was a platinum when later when I set it up. I can't find much info on the platinum upgrades. Does anyone here know what was upgraded and what it means? Also what would a 225 with the platinum upgrade sell for? sorry for my basic questions. 
128x128mzwerner

Showing 7 responses by mzwerner

Bob - thanks I'll give the a call as I'd really like to learn more about them. Also does anyone know what the going price is for a Mccormack DNA 225 with the platinum upgrade?
Thanks everyone. I called up McCormack this morning they confirmed that they made considerable upgrades to the amp fairly recently including upgraded connectors,and that the driver board should be good for a long time.

They were super nice and really helpful. Amazing customer service. 

I don't plan on selling the amp as long as I have the 5's. I was more curious about its actual worth. 

@jafant  - He said it was extensively updated in the last five years. I'm not sure when it was originally produced. 

@gdnrbob - 10k is the impedance output - My filter goes that low (just checked a photo I took). I'm going to try it tonight and see if it works. 
Def understand- I'm not planning on selling the amp just enjoying it with my new (to me) speakers. 
@Kmckenn - just replied to you on the other thread. But, wow we do have nearly twin systems. 

So far at least everything sounds great or at least better than my old setup (which I also loved) I have some cheap monster cable. The Mccormack came with an anticable 3 power cable, which I'm using. I also have some extras that came and didn't fit on the vandy subs so I'm just using stock power cords. Should I get an adapter for them to work with the vandy's or sell them and keep stock for the vandy subs? 

@gdnrbob - Audioquest cables it is!

@mitch2
  Thanks so far the amp and the speakers sound amazing. So I'm a happy camper. 

Steve signed the back that's how I found out the 225 was platinum. I'll check the bottom tonight. 

attached is a link to a bird's eye view of my amp:  https://www.pinterest.com/pin/668573507159022166#
@mitch2 Thanks - I’ve got everything up and running and the V5 - Mccormack combo sounds amazing.

The picture is indeed my amp - good eye - per the guys at Mccormack the transformer is a Plitron and they also mentioned Jensen.

The 225 is signed on the back by Steve and says Platinum he upgraded it in 2013.

Also do amplifier stands make any real difference? 

I appreciate everyone’s help.