Martin Logan Don t Rock

I own a pair of Martin Logan SL3 speakers. For vocals they are amazing. For Jazz they are impressive, but for rock they stink. I have decided to look for new speakers which have the clarity and imaging of the Martin Logans, but can play a better variety of music. I am looking to spend $3,000 - $6,000 for a used pair of speakers. My room is fairly large (15'Wide x 30'Deep). I suspect the speakers will have to be fairly large to completely fill the room with sound.

Any suggestions?
cberry

Showing 1 response by 1953

If you like the floor to ceiling and wall to wall (and beyond) sound staging of a properly set up panel speaker, I can highly recommend Apogee Duetta Signatures or Divas with a good sub that has a good high pass filter for the panels (such as a Velodyne FSR or HGS 15 or 18). You can also use a good outboard electronic x-over like the Marchand. Replacement drivers, ribbons and servicing are now available for Apogees, so don't be shy about snapping up one of these beauties while their price is still low. And yes, when properly fed, they will ROCK. Duetta Sigs go for about $1800-2000 while Divas will fetch $3000-4000.