Mark Levinson & Others

Was considering purchasing one of the newer Mark Levinson integrated amps but I have noticed a lot of them for sale on the used and open box market. Particularly the 585 and the 5805 models, although I am looking at the 5802 model. Is this a bad omen? I know this is not the ML of the past.

Also looking at the Krell K300i but when I called the US authorized Krell repair center, I was surprised when the tech advised me against purchasing any of the newer Krell products. If you are interested in Krell he said to buy the older stuff and refurbish it, that's worth it. I see a few of these units coming on the market now as well.

These are both companies that are newer entities of themselves. Are people purchasing these amps with high expectations, going on their past reputations only to find that they’re not what they were hoping for, for whatever reason?

128x128navyachts

Showing 1 response by gsm18439

I picked up an old ML CDP (no 39) with a built in pre-amp/volume control as a back-up for my Ancient Audio Lektor Prime that had to be sent back to the manufacturer to be repaired. Other than being a redbook only CDP, I am quite pleased with the no 39. It is especially dynamic and mates well with my 300b SET.