Marantz TT15S1 Turntable. Any opinions 1500.00 Budget. Recommendations

I need a new turntable and looked at Rega, Pro-Ject and Music Hall. Those are all tables I can buy locally.  Looking at Clear Audio but would have to be ordered. I saw a review of the Marantz turntable and see that it was designed but Clear Audio and has a 700-800 cartridge that comes with it. Trying to keep my budget at about 1500.00. Anybody have one of these that could give me an opinion? Any other recommendations in that price range with cartridge? Not opposed to used. Will be playing it through a Luxman 505U integrated. Thanks for any help.
128x128dylanfan

Showing 5 responses by dylanfan

Sota out of my price range when you add cartridge.

Same for the Gem Dandy. I have a Pro-Ject 5.1 now and the Gem Dandy reminds me of it.

Wanted a more traditional look this time.

Really like the looks of the Marantz as well.

New things to think about. My guy locally it seems there is always an issue with what you get from him plus he doesn't discount a penny and I would have to pay tax because it is local. Got a great deal on the Marantz if I decide on it. Is there a good Rega dealer, VPI dealer, Gem Dandy dealer (johnnyb53 made some great points about a turntable I know nothing about), ClearAudio dealer or good Sota dealer that will deal some on price. Recommendations on who to contact would be fantastic.
tom6897 I am looking at the ClearAudio line as well. Is there a step up going from the Marantz to the ClearAudio line.  mattmiller I will research the combo you mentioned. Thanks for the help guys.