Marantz SA8260 Direct to Amp

I'd like to run the 8260 directly into an amp. I'm trying to understand ipedance matching. I found an output level of 2.2V in the manual but cannot find an Ohm rating. Am I missing something?
pawlowski6132
Basically, the source component should have a low output impedance and the amp should have a high input impedance (100K ohm or >). The source also needs to have a high enough output voltage to drive the amp (input sensitivity).
You should try running direct to the amp if the impedance matching and voltage can be satisfied, it does offer a nice transparent presentation. But, you may also find that the overall dynamics and "flesh" are missing.
Also, keep the IC short and of low capacitance.

I just did a quick browse of the SA8260 manual and don't see any mention of a volume control, only for the headphones.
im curious as to why you want to run a cdp direct into an amp? every time ive tried doing that the music sounded weak & was lacking authority,even hollow sounding.

im not knockin your plans im just puzzled as to what benifit can be had not using a preamp.

mike.
The closest you could come is with a passive unit. Don't try it otherwise as you're likely going to blow some speakers.