Marantz SA10 sacd player

I love this  player , after 3 yrs and 2 months I purchase it. It doesn’t read single layer sacd. It’s out of waaranty.So United Radio marantz authorize won’t repair it. Is this a common issue on this expensive sacd player?

128x128jayctoy

jayctoy,

Here is how you can check the Laser OutPut Level (LOP) of the lasers in the SA-10

Player needs to be fully OFF, not on standby, OFF. Everything after step 2 is done with the remote.

1. Enter Aging Mode from OFF, as stated above.
2. Press Open, Stop and ON simultaneously to enter Aging Mode.
The tray will open. Just press close on the remote to close the tray. No need to put in a disc.
3. Right click once and T21 laser check will show in the display window.
4. Press the play arrow and a number will be displayed. This is the cd laser LOP.
5. Right click again and T22 laser check will show.
6. Press the play arrow again and a number will be displayed. This is the sacd laser LOP.
7. Exit Aging Mode by pressing the OFF button on the front panel of the player.

The median LOP is 2100. The acceptable range is +- 50%, or 1000 to 3200.
When the LOP goes outside the acceptable range it is time to replace the laser.

The relevant number for you is the T22 number. 

Steve

That's okay. The above post is more relevant to you anyway. Easy, as in not difficult or technical in any way, to check the LOP levels of your lasers.

I agree. Having the Ruby and Sa10 .Its a good feeling to have back up.Because if I can’t find their parts. Then I can only use them as DAC . Thanks again Sharri.Finding technician is not as difficult finding parts.

I purchased a SA 10 from Music Direct , open box , they assured me that it had full warranty, now a period of time went by and I had trouble reading SACD. I called MD ,explained , they said they could probably fix it , but it was under warranty , send it to an authorized service center. I did , United Radio . Guess what , same run around as this guy is getting. I going to make this short . Music Direct stood behind me and so did Marantz . I wonder what the hell happened with the one that only needed a $50 laser ?