Marantz 2325 speaker cables

I am looking to replace my current cables connecting my PSB speakers to my 1976 Marantz 2325. Any suggestions? Can pin connectors be used at either end?

many thanks for your suggestions! 

nandoe67

Showing 4 responses by dill

Get 4 of the angled pin connectors (see link) for the rear of your Marantz. Then strip 1" off the speaker end, unscrew the nuts on the binding posts and expose the hole in the shaft, twist and insert the wire into the hole in the center of the binding post shaft, tighten them good by hand. Use 12 or 14 gauge all copper, made in the USA speaker cable. Try not to buy speaker cable made in China.

"but can’t make a decent speaker cable?"

- Decent, no doubt, however in my experience speaker wire made in the USA is of higher quality and sounds better.

"Sure, maybe you have gotten a hold of a Chinese cable that you did not like, but in no way does that validate your statement to stay away from Chinese cables."

- I did not say to stay away from Chinese cables, I said speaker cables or speaker wire from China. If you check my Profile page on AudiogoN you will see I actually use 2 power cords from China in my system. Also have silver speaker and interconnect wire in the system too. (not from China).

- I owned a stereo store from 1985 - 1995 and have heard & sold many many pairs of all types of cables, so I know what to look for when auditioning wire. My go to budget speaker wire for vintage systems is the now discontinued Marshall Sound Runner 10ga. which I use in my garage and my wife's system. I have auditioned several speaker cables and interconnects from China, however I won't be using them in my systems.