Manley Chinook to Aesthetix Rhea Signature?

Curious if anyone has an input as to jumping from my Manley Chinook to a Aesthetix Rhea Signature would be worth the cost? Running a Hana ML and love the sound, but the curiosity has got the cat. I'm really surprised at how quiet the Chinook is especially coming from solid state. I would image the Hana ML doesn't require too high of gain to present too much noise in the Aesthetix?
128x128j-wall

Showing 3 responses by tomic601

Yes, the Herron is an extraordinary value and so far in my systems w 2 cartridges resists improvement from tube rolling. ( Lyra Delos and the Hana ML )

I assumed since $ was involved getting to the Aesthetix from the Chinook, that you could spend some on isolation or a cartridge upgrade.  I am fluent in Bourbon, so i understand the tradeoff.

You might also consider a Croft RIAA RS with SUT. On the Croft @noromance and i are fans for sure.

You might also adjust radar to include Lamm, Alnic, Zesto, , etc..
super nice system I would be inlined to isolate your existing tube phono with HRS base or similar products ( symposium, etc ), do some tube rolling, get into a silver AQ cable from arm to phono stage  ( if it has a DIN ), iF the Manley has a non torrid transformer, find a VPI Magic brick for it. Finally a Hana Umami .

fun
while i am a lover of most things Aesthetix, my personal belief is a FET and tubes will better the all tube phono over time for noise. This is where a great relationship with an Aesthetix dealer AND ultra low noise tube vendor essential. Aesthetix recommend Andy at Vintage Tube services for a reason. I have a ML with a Herron but it has a FET then 5 tubes..

Hopefully you can listen before you buy.

best to you, enjoy the music

Jim