Magneplanar .7 speakers. Have you heard or own them??

I have owned a pair of Golden Ear Technology for about 8 months. I generally like them because of their high level of accuracy and general transparency   However, despite those virtues, I find them to sound cool, and not very involving, or engaging.  Everything being equal, they don't seem to convey the emotional content of the music. I also been finding it difficult to get them to sound right. They can sound a bit bright on some CD's and also provide an overtone on vocals 

I would like to get  feedback from owners of the Magneplanar's .7 speaker, or even if you have only auditioned the speaker a few times in anticipation of buying. Some of the reviews I have read claim that with a fairly powerful amp or integrated, they can cleanly down to 45Hz, but their major strength is a superb midrange and smooth high end. Of course, being familiar with "Maggies" they can give a buyer ulcers trying to get them to sound right especially in medium size room because of their design.  My room is 12.5 X 15 and is separated by a couch to a dining and kitchen area.of almost the same size 

Therefore, I am curious if the .7 can convey that  emotion of music with the same clarity of a  dynamic speaker.  My system is a Rogue Sphinx integrated  amp (100 RMS @ 8ohms, and 200 RMS at 4ohms.  CD player is a Ayre CX-7e mp.

Speaker cables are Harmonic Technology PRO 11+ and  HT Truthlink IC.  I  plug the system into the less expensive Blue Circle's  conditioner which is outstanding,  Thanks to all!!

BTW , I heard the .7 once but not for long, and in a audio shop that carries both Maggies and Golden Ear Technology speakers  However , the owner never seems to have .7 and the GET model 7 on display for audition at the same time.  .   

sunnyjim
I believe what Seattle Mike means by doing quiet is small-signal, low-level resolution, the ability to differentiate between two levels very close together at very low signal level. Think of it the way we do about a volume control’s finer graduation at higher settings than at lower. At lower settings, the space between clicks on a volume control are coarser, further apart (3dB versus 1dB at higher settings, say). A speaker that "does quiet" better will provide finer graduations in low-level signals. For me, that’s Electrostatic and other low-mass drivers. The wires running across the Mylar drivers of Maggies seriously increases their moving mass, one reason the Eminent Technology Magnetic-Planar drivers are superior (another is the ET’s push-pull operation versus the Maggies single-ended---excluding the very nice Magnepan Ribbon Tweeters, of course).

Thanks to everyone who responded  since my last  reply on 3/31/16. I fooled around more with the  placement  of the GET model's, and got them to sound better, but still there are minor annoying problem. 

In the interim,  I bought a used pair on this site of Wharfdale Denton 80th anniversity monitor  speakers. I have been blown away by the quality and quantity of sound that comes out of this gem. My only quibble is when they get loud, the high-end gets a tad constricted and less smooth. Other than that, the speaker should be a universal template on how to make an enjoyable and easy to listen to speaker.  The sound euphonic (no not warm) but its level of accuracy and detail make it also revealing on many levels.

My other recent preoccupation has been buying an upgrade and cleaned Thorens TD-145.  No long explanation about the drawbacks of vintage, except don't buy it.. Improved damping makes the table dead quiet during play, but I need to find a more compatible and better sounding cartridge than the AT120E which is good, but also sounds restricted in the highs and can sound a bit tinny.  The problem I think is either the headshell and/or tonearm . The headshell offer little leaway backward and forward to set up cartridge using a Geo Disc  .The Thorens headshell protractor is a laughable piece of plastic junk. 

I hope  I can find  either a very good high output MC, or a very good MM under $400.  I would like to avoid the Ortofon  2M  series which I have read does not get really get very good until you get to 2M Black (currently $775)  At that price, I would be better served with a mint used Dynavector 10X5 which because of its weight might not be ideal for the Thorens tonearm.  I used to have a link to measuring chart that explained tonearm capitance and how to match it to cartridge capsitance and phono stage impedance .

Actually, I think I would have been better served if I bought a new or possibly used VPI Scout Jr (or  a Clearaudio Concept TT w/o cartridge), and replaced the pre-mounted Ortofon 2M Red which has become the prepack favorite of several brands.......   Stay tuned!!     .   

I have had the .7 for four months now, paired with a Rogue Pharaoh or Music Reference RM9 MK II. I too found it more coherent than the 1.7, and emotionally engaging in a way any of the GETs were not. My room is 11 x 15. Paired with stereo REL 218s the sound stage is enormous. PI acoustic QRD type diffusors are the 3D icing on the cake.

To Oregontreat,   Thank s for the comment about  the  Maggie.7.  Like many of the other responses it will be helpful in making a decision. BTW, my listening space is about the same size as your room. 

Also, thanks for the heads up about QRD type diffusors. How did they help with your room acoustics in relationship to Maggies,?? 

I was just this week lucky enough to get a pair of .7's from a fellow member who had them for all of 6 months -$1200 including the acrylic stands. After auditioning them against the 1.7i's a couple of weeks back I truly scored a great buy here. 

They're being played with a B. A. T. VK3i preamp and a Primare A34.2 class D amplifier which will output close to 300 watts into 4 ohms. 

When I auditioned them I was sitting about 6 feet away, in my living room I'm sitting at least 10 feet. (24 long X 13 wide, ceiling 17 ft)

To say I'm content is an understatement.  I think the .7's are simply a better speaker than the big brothers, offering better defined midrange and highs, especially with vinyl.  To my ears the big brothers seemed reserved, less strident. There was definitely a more present bass aspect, but there's enough with the .7's to make the decision of spending less palpable. 

Whether or not I'll add a sub is something that might develop over a longer term, but for now these are easily up there in my all time favorites.