Magnepan LRS compared to the .7 or the 1.7i ?

With all the hype about magnepan’s new LRS, I am wondering if anyone has compared them to the slightly bigger and slightly more expensive .7 or even the 1.7i?  (I assume they are better than the MMGi that they are replacing, so no comments about these two are necessary.)

I suspect they are new enough that there may not have been many chances for such a comparison.  

So, lacking a side by side, I wonder if anyone who heard them at Axpona or otherwise (I was only there Friday and missed them) is familiar enough with the other Maggies to offer comments/thoughts/opinions between the LRS, .7, and 1.7i.  Comments from dealers who sell Maggies are welcome.

finally, brief conversation with one area dealer suggests they will be more of a factory direct item that he will not carry, while another area dealer hoped to get a pair but did not know the time frame. Has anyone heard a more definitive story on availability?
meiatflask

Showing 1 response by tech3149

I went earlier this month to listen to the LRS and compared them to the .7's.  They were both impressive and I could have been satisfied with the LRS but with both being driven by an amp that could offer more than either needed, the .7's sounded enough better to justify the step up.I'm getting by on a modest SS payout so I don't spend too freely (except for liquor and music).I'm driving mine with an original Bryston 3B and it's got everything the LRS or .7's need.  Tonight I was feeling ambitious and made a replacement jumper with multiple strand silver magnet wire.  Haven't had the chance to listen to it yet but it cut the resistance by a factor of 10.