Magico Owners - what are you using for amplification?

Hi all,

Pretty simple just like the title says.....curious what other owners are using for power. I was having a moment a while back where I thought I could use an improvement, and then more recently the other night was completely blown away and laughing that I ever considered it. Figured I might ask here and get some good feedback. Currently using Luxman 509x integrated with S3MK1’s. When I was researching the "fit" (since I already had the amp) I stumbled on feedback from the FL audio show where they were debuting the A3’s with 509x and getting great reviews. A3 is rated same 88db/4ohm as the S3 but might in fact be a bit easier? Who knows.

Thanks in advance for insights.

Eric

128x128mtbiker29

Not sure if helpful, but I was planning to use my Constellation Inspiration Pre+Stereo to run my new speakers.  At AXPONA 2022, I auditioned Magico A5 and Rockport Atria, but ended up purchasing the demo Vimberg Mino D which sounded fabulous.

Alon also thinks highly of Odyssey amplifiers - he occasionally uses it.  

Post removed 

For my A3's (first production run), I use my 20+ years Krell FPB 300cx, with re-capping at Krell a few years ago. Magico's need juice, and this amp has the rare combo of plenty of juice and Class A musicality. Preamp is VTL 7.5iii, the disappearing preamp which never even hiccups. Neal