Magico A3

Finally a set of Magicos that seem worth the price (to me):

http://www.monoandstereo.com/2017/12/new-magico-a3-speakers-photos-and-info.html

I'd love to hear these.
nitewulf

Showing 4 responses by james633

Prof,

what thiel do you have? I have a pair of 2.4CS that I pair with two JLE112s and I am looking into the A3. 

Thanks. 
Ozzy,

the sopras do look nice. I have not heard them but liked the 1037be back when I demoed them. 
Prof,

Mostly it is Upgraditus. I am always looking for more detail. I have had the thiels for awhile (5 years maybe) and I am just board with them now. 

I have not demoed the newest models from the major brands.

Last time I looked around at Sophia 3, 802d, focal 1037b, thiel 3.7s, revel studio 2, and felt like they all had pluses and minuses and after demoing I just added the two subs to the 2.4s (using the internal crossovers at 60hz) due to not thinking the upgrade was worth the cash layout and bought a projector with the “extra” cash. 

I though the magicos might have the details I want in the mids and I am intrigued by the brand. 
Yyzsantabara,

Yes that was me and I remember our conversations. I contacted audiogon about fishing emails I was receiving from their site and they just closed my account with no discussion. That was their version of customer service....

I lost interest in the hobby there for a bit. I had my first kid, a new job and a new house (picked up other new hobbies too) and I am now just getting back into sitting down and really listening to music. I did dabble on headphones for a bit too (related to the new baby...)

I am not sure I will buy anything this time around. I am just kicking the tires at this point but have always admired magico from a distance. My front end and room never seemed good enough to chase the 30k+ speakers as it would be better spend on either of the prior. 

But at $10k I would bit on these. I also play with the idea of buying something used and unheard like Vivid B1, any of the good kefs, or what ever. I like to gamble I guess lol.