Lyngdorf TDAI-1120 Problems

I bought a unit brand new about a year back.  The unit always seemed to have one problem or the other.  In the beginning, the main problem was that the app cannot connect to the unit.  So I had to use the remote or go to the unit physically to start.

Then that problem went away with a firmware update.  But with the same firmware update, the unit began to freeze once in a while.  The problem occurs when you wake the unit from standby (I use my remote primarily these days).  The only way to restart is to unplug the unit, wait for a while and then plug it back.  In the last 2 or 3 months, the problem has started to occur very frequently, almost half the times.  

I have tried to do a full reset, played around with various settings, changed inputs etc, but the problem persists.  I haven't seen anyone else mentioning similar problems, so I am hoping my unit was a lemon.

But the real problem was with the warranty.  I have been chatting with Lyngdorf support and they are not ready to honor warranty directly.  They want me to go through the dealer.  Since I bought online, dealer support is very poor.  I feel very frustrated that Lyngdorf is not standing behind their product (mind you, the unit is less than a year old) and the unit having major usability problems.  I have taken it up with my credit card company and we will see if they can help get my money back at least.  But the experience with the product has been one of frustration more than anything else.

upcominggeek

my tdai-1120 performed flawlessly in the year or so i had it... then traded up to a tdai-3400 to have more power to drive my maggies, it too has been absolutely flawless

yes, online purchases have that lil issue... where is the dealer to support when it is needed? ... sometimes we want that rock bottom, cheap purchase price, we feel so smart, bargain shopping and all, but then we can’t have the support when desperately needed in those rare instances... we don’t feel so smart

folks love saving $$ till the pied piper comes calling...

Did you ever get the problem fixed? If so, what was the solution? I'm having similar issue with TDAI-2170.