Luxman PD-171 turntable

This is the new-ish turntable by Luxman. Has anyone heard one or own one? Is it any good? Thanks.
dave_72
Yes, Jelco makes arms for other companies! And I do believe it's the 750 on the PD-171. But, what's wrong with the 750? it looks like a pretty solid and well engineered tonearm. Anyway, the armless model is cool, but the question is, will the US dist. bring it over here (the US.)
This is a throwback to the 1970s when you could get similar technology from Thorens or Dual. I myself would pocket the 6,700 dollars and look for a classic. I just bought a Dual at an estate sale for 100 dollars, restored it top to bottom for 90, and put on a quality MM cartridge from Audio Technica.
Listened to the Luxman, on their 38 tubed amp, and it sounded about the same. A very quiet and reserved sound, yet my Dual has better grip on the bass notes to mid-range.
That's cool, thanks for the info...I hope the US dist. will bring it over from Japan! We'll see what happens. Which tonearms would any of you recommend on this armless version?

This is a throwback to the 1970s when you could get similar technology from Thorens or Dual. I myself would pocket the 6,700 dollars and look for a classic. I just bought a Dual at an estate sale for 100 dollars, restored it top to bottom for 90, and put on a quality MM cartridge from Audio Technica.
Listened to the Luxman, on their 38 tubed amp, and it sounded about the same. A very quiet and reserved sound, yet my Dual has better grip on the bass notes to mid-range.

You're entitled to your opinion, but you are biased towards this turntable by the simple fact that you're poo pooing for not a very good reason. Yes, you listened to it, but it seems that going into it, you were too skeptical. An open mind is crucial to evaluating components subjectively.