Luxman m-900u owners - quick question

Looking for some feedback on owners of this amplifier. I am not looking for the '' dealer lingo '' that I have been getting ; '' sweet amp, the best that is out there, will give you a great deal , I sold a bunch of them in the last month ''....blah, blah, blah.....

So what made you buy this amp is what I would like to know from owners who have them. What made you take this one instead of others in this price range  ….and do you have to match it with the Luxman C-900 u pre-amp for the best results ?      

Thank you

garebear

Showing 3 responses by yyzsantabarbara

@4425  What about a more neutral and quieter preamp, instead of the Luxman c900u, such as the Benchmark LA4 or Mola Mola Makua preamp. It is not so much a question of funds for me but the issue of number of boxes in limited space. I heard the c900u + m900u and it was amazing. 

Someone did tell me the Makua sounded better with the m900u than the c900u but that opinion is a bit biased.

I went to an audio store to audition the 509x and I liked it. I was about to go home when the dealer said have a listen to the m900u/c900u. I had about 15 minutes to do this other wise I would get stuck in LA traffic for hours.

Big mistake. The m900/c900 was so much better than the 509x on the same system. I ended up staying about an hour + listening to that combo and tossed out the idea of the 509x. The m900u has much more power than the 509x. It was easily demonstrated on the TAD ME-1 monitor speakers that were hooked up to the system.

I did not get the m900u/c900u combo because I found something more appropriate for my smaller space. However, I may revisit the Luxman amp in the future for the bigger space downstairs. I will not get the C900u preamp since I will use a Benchmark HPA4 preamp from now on any system I build.

BTW - I had about a 3.5 hour drive home because I stayed longer to demo the m900/c900 combo. It should have been under 2 hours.