Luxman LX-380 for LS3/5a's? Alternative?

Hopefully there is somebody in the group who can give an answer to which Luxman amplifier is 'the best' match for my Rogers LS3/5a's? These are the current production Classic ones, 15 Ω.

The LX-380 has 4 6L6 output tubes in push-pull, and this could be a great match. The Rogers E20a(II), designed with the LS3/5a in mind, has the same tube configuration.

Now, having said that, I am not into tubes as if it is a religion. At the moment I use a Sugden A21se Signature, that drives the speakers very well. 

The thing is, that the current Luxman lineup has too many awesome amplifiers. So I am also looking at the L-590AX-II and the CL-38uC/MQ88uC. These are all too awesome..

But I keep coming back to the 'simple' LX-380..

I am very interested in your real life opinions.

Thanks!
gamal

Showing 1 response by gandalf

Just curious as I recently heard the Luxman 380 and was blown away how good it sounded, tempted to buy one. The only issue, I have several speakers and not sure how they would pair up... Dynaudio Confidence Platinum C2 about 87db Joseph Audio Graphine 2 and SONUS FABER Olympica 3's 90db.

I have heard Octave before with Dynaudio and the pairing was excellent sounding but didn't know enough about the Int. Amps back when I got my C2's.