LP12 Hum

I just received an LP12, & am new to higher end audio.  When I hooked it up last week, it started humming.  The hum gets louder when I touch the tonearm. LP12 Hum 

This is my system:

Naim Flatcap 2
Naim Nait 5
Naim Stageline N
Linn LP12 Sondek with Rega RB300 tonearm & AT440ML cartridge

Before the LP12 I had a Pro-Ject Debut Carbon EVO with a Sumiko Ranier cartridge.  The system was silent then.  So, I'm pretty sure that the problem is with the LP12, & not the amplifiers.  I did check the grounding this morning, & they seem to be firmly in place.  If I disconnect the tonearm cables from the phono stage, the hum goes away.

Please advise.

theexaltedarchduke

@theexaltedarchduke , The ground wire is the shield of the left channel so you would not see a separate one. If the Linn is not grounded to the phono stage ground it. If it is remove the wire. 

It could only have been that if you think about it! Dump the arm, the LP12 deserves better.

It was the internal wiring of the tonearm

I say that, because when I pulled the base plug out of the screw shaft, none of the wires were attached.

Best to meter out the connections from disconnected cartridge pins to RCA plugs. 

I used to own a Naim Supernait 3 and I know that Naim can be a bear with grounding issues.  I had to run a wire from the Supernait's ground to the grounding prong on the plug to make it go away.